Decision Maker: Cabinet Committee: Housing
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to award and enter into a JCT Intermediate Building Contract with Contractor’s Design, 2016 Edition (ICD 2016) to construct 6 properties at Southbrook Cottages, Micheldever for the sum as detailed in Exempt Appendix 2 of report CAB3364(H) with Ascia Construction Ltd.
2. That an additional increase in the current capital budget and expenditure of £719,000 be vired from the Unallocated New Build budget of £3m be authorised, to bring the approved budget and expenditure up to the amount required of £1,990,513.
3. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management (CHAM) be authorised to negotiate and agree terms for easements, wayleaves and related agreements with utility suppliers, telecom/media providers and neighbours and relevant associated legal agreements in order to facilitate the development.
4. That the appropriation of open space be approved following the consultation exercise undertaken in May 2022 in accordance with the requirements of Section 122 (2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) and the appropriation of the land for planning purposes in order to create additional parking at Southbrook Cottages for local residents.
5. That the CHAM be authorised to agree and arrange for a scheme to mitigate nutrients in perpetuity as required in order to discharge the relevant planning condition either on sites owned by the council, and/or the purchase of nutrient credits from a 3rd party prior to the occupation of the new homes located at the Southbrook Cottages site.
That the virement of
£85,000 from the Estate Improvement budget be approved for
the construction of the offsite additional car parking at
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: Wonston & Micheldever;
Contact: Andrew Palmer, Head of New Homes Delivery Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Andrew Palmer
Publication date: 31/10/2022
Date of decision: 31/10/2022
Decided at meeting: 31/10/2022 - Cabinet Committee: Housing
Effective from: 08/11/2022