Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
That it be recommended to Council*:
1. The Capital Investment Strategy be approved including:
· the Capital Programme and Capital Programme Financing (Appendices A and B to report CAB3389);
· the Minimum Revenue Provision (MRP) Policy Statement (Appendix E);
· the Flexible Use of Capital Receipts Strategy (Appendix G); and
· the prudential indicators detailed in the report and Appendix F.
2. Subject to Council approval of the capital programme, approves
a) IMT equipment and software expenditure (£120,000 in 2023/24) as detailed in paragraph 11.8.7; and
b) up to £320,000 of additional expenditure for the demolition of Friarsgate Medical Centre in respect of the overage payable as detailed in paragraph 11.2.4.
3. Delegate authority to the Corporate Head of Service: Economy & Communities, in consultation with the S151 officer, to incur capital expenditure in accordance with the requirements of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund as detailed in paragraph 11.2.4 of report CAB3389.
4. Notes the requirement to ensure Members have the right knowledge and skills to undertake their governance role and that the ongoing support and training offered to members is continued and enhanced as required.
*NB recommendations to Council are not subject to call-in.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Liz Keys, Corporate Head of Finance & Section 151 officer Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Liz Keys
Publication date: 09/02/2023
Date of decision: 09/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/02/2023