Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
That it be recommended to Council*:
1. That the 2023/24 Housing Revenue Account budget be approved, as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2 to report CAB3387.
2. That the 10-year indicative HRA capital programme be approved, as set out in Appendices 3 and 4 to report CAB3387.
3. That capital expenditure in 2023/24 of £9.530m for the Maintenance, Improvement and Renewal programme be approvedas detailed in Appendix 3 of the report, in accordance with Financial Procedure Rule 7.4.
4. That the proposed budget in 2023-24 for new homes of £20.518m be approved as detailed in Appendix 4 of the report, subject to individual scheme approvals
5. That the proposed indicative funding for the HRA Capital Programme be approved as detailed in Appendix 5 of the report.
6. That the HRA Financial Plan operating account extract, including annual working balances, be noted as detailed in Appendix 6 of the report.
7. That the proposal to fund £0.400m for the new initiatives detailed in section 13.1 of the report be supported, which includes funding for additional staff resources to support the actions identified and the creation of a new disrepairs claims budget of £0.100m.
8. That it be agreed to continue the provision of the Welfare Support budget of £0.215m and to refocus this on measures to support vulnerable tenants to maintain their tenancies during this period of unprecedented cost pressures.
9. That a rent increase of 7% from April 2023 for Social and Affordable housing within the HRA for existing tenants be approved.
10.That a cap on the average overall increase for tenant service charges in 2023-24 of 7% be approved.
11.That in recognition of the Cost-of-Living crisis, a discretionary 7% cap on the annual rent increase for Shared Owners be approved, in line with the increase in social and affordable rents to existing tenants as opposed to 13.1% increase that would have been applied.
12.That in principle to the HRA funding approximately £3.5m from the unallocated New Homes budget be approved, in order to meet any grant requirements to acquire 17 properties in accordance with the Local Authority Housing Fund (LAHF) grant conditions, as detailed in Section 19.5 of the report.
*NB recommendations to Council are not subject to call-in.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Gillian Knight, Corporate Head: Housing (Interim) Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Gillian Knight
Publication date: 09/02/2023
Date of decision: 09/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2023 - Cabinet