Decision Maker: Cabinet (Housing) Committee - DISCONTINUED
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The Head of Housing Finance introduced the report and outlined the reasons for the main variances and proposals contained therein.
On behalf of TACT, Mrs Gill thanked the Head of Housing Finance for a thorough explanation of the contents of the report at a recent TACT meeting. The Chairman echoed these thanks on behalf of the Committee.
The Committee agreed to the following for the reasons outlined above and set out in the report.
1. That the HRA Outturn figures for 2017/18 be approved as detailed in Appendices 1 and 2.
2. That the carry forward items from 2017/18 be noted the Re-forecast HRA Budget for 2018/19 be approved as detailed in Paragraph 11.2 and Appendix 3.
3. That the provision of up to £100,000 for costs related to the rollout of Universal Credit in the Winchester area be approved with delegated authority to the Corporate Head of Housing to spend as required.
4. That the Housing capital programme outturn for major works and new build developments as detailed in Paragraphs 11.5 to 11.6 and Appendices 4 & 5 be noted.
5. That the funding of the HRA capital programme be approved, as detailed in Paragraph 11.8 and Appendix 6;
6. That the re-forecast capital programme budget of £17,606,400 for 2018/19 in Paragraphs 11.9 to 11.12 of the report and detailed in Appendix 7 be supported.
7. That the additional expenditure required to complete the Mitford Road development be approved, as detailed in Paragraph 11.12.d).
8. That the proposal detailed in paragraph 11.12.m) to buy back former Right to Buy properties in line with the Asset Management policy to ensure the full use of 1-4-1 Right to Buy receipts in 2018/19 be approved.
9. That the Corporate Head of Housing, in consultation with the Corporate Head of Resources, be authorised to negotiate terms with Galliford Try’s mechanical and electrical equipment advisor and installer at Chesil Lodge for the provision of the first year’s support for specialist systems as detailed in Paragraph 11.2.iv) in the report, and a Direction be made under Contracts Procedure Rule 2.4 a) accordingly.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Richard Botham, Strategic Director & Section 151 Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Richard Botham
Publication date: 08/10/2018
Date of decision: 04/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/07/2018 - Cabinet (Housing) Committee - DISCONTINUED