Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That Everyone Active be awarded the operator contract to manage Meadowside Leisure Centre based on their variant bid for a period of ten years with a five year optional extension.
2. That a capital budget and expenditure for Meadowside Leisure Centre totalling £300,000 be approved, funded by prudential borrowing and that capital budget be incurred as noted in the estimated financing costs outlined in section 2.2 of report CAB3285.
3. That additional revenue expenditure, (averaging £56,000 per annum over 15 years, based on the variant bid be approved, (which includes provision for the Council’s capital financing costs), be met from the base budget provision included in the proposed 2021/22 General Fund budget set out in CAB3289 elsewhere on this agenda.
4. That costs in the first year be based on actual net operating costs, assessed on an “open book” basis, with all additional costs over and above the approved budget being met from “tranche 5” of the Government Covid-19 grant, future leisure grant allocations or a mix of the two.
5. That authority be delegated to the Service Lead - Legal to prepare, negotiate and enter into an operator contractor based on the Sports England template and associated agreements.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Andy Hickman, Head of Programme: Place Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Andy Hickman
Publication date: 11/02/2021
Date of decision: 11/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 11/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 19/02/2021