Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
That Cabinet recommend Council to*:
1. Approve an increase in the scheme budget of £896,691, funded from the “unallocated schemes” provision in the New Homes Capital Programme and approves capital expenditure of up to £18,840,000 including contingency funding and estimated fees as set out in exempt appendix 3 of report CAB3300.
*NB recommendations to Council are not subject to call-in.
The following recommendations were agreed by Cabinet (subject to call in):
2. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to award and enter into a design and build contract to construct 76 properties at Winnall Flats site, Winnall Manor Road, Winchester with Wates Construction Ltd for the sum as detailed in exempt appendix 1 of report CAB3300.
3. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management (CHAM) be authorised to negotiate and agree terms for easements, wayleaves and related agreements with utility suppliers, telecom/media providers and neighbours and relevant associated legal agreements in order to facilitate the development.
4. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to dispose of the shared ownership properties, and other tenure mix, on this site as supported by the Housing Development Strategy agreed by Cabinet on 10 March 2021 (CAB3291) and Business Case.
5. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to dispose of the shared ownership and discounted market sale properties at the Valley, Stanmore and the site off Hookpit Farm Lane, Kings Worthy.
6. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to negotiate to purchase/lease Block B (41 flats) to enable the flats to be let at sub-market rents in partnership with a third party or representatives of a council owned housing company.
7. That the disposal of open space following the consultation exercise undertaken in September 2020 be approved.
That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be
authorised to agree a scheme to mitigate
nitrates in perpetuity either on sites owned by the Council, at
Micheldever wetland scheme or purchase
nitrates credits from a 3rd party prior to the
occupation of the new homes located at the Winnall Flats site.
9. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to submit a funding bid to Homes England, and if applicable, negotiate and finalise a grant figure and agree the terms and conditions associated of the grant funding and to enter into a funding agreement.
10. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised, in consultation with the Service Lead – Legal Services to include a condition in the tenancy agreement and shared ownership lease to limit occupancy levels.
11. That the Corporate Head of Housing be authorised to approve the bid for estate improvement funding for the cost of improvements to the areas around the existing blocks of flats.
Reason Key: Expenditure > £250,000;
Wards Affected: St Bartholomew;
Contact: Andrew Palmer, Head of New Homes Delivery Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report author: Andrew Palmer
Publication date: 24/06/2021
Date of decision: 23/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 23/06/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 02/07/2021