Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That the Private Sector Housing Renewal Strategy for 2023-2028 as set out in Appendix A of report CAB3375(H) be approved.
2. That the proposed fee structure for Housing Act and Mobile Home Act notices detailed in paragraph 11.14 of the report be approved.
3. That the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) policy for 2023-2025 as set out in Appendix B be approved (subject to recommendation 4 below) and in particular note the new changes:
· Introduction of new discretionary grants in the form of Welfare, Heating, Relocation and Top Up grant
· Approve that the discretionary grant level is capped at a maximum of £100k
· Approve that any Local Land Charge placed on a property for discretionary grants will have no expiry date and the charge will be an interest free loan.
· To approve the revised formula for the client’s contribution towards the DFG above the discretionary and mandatory amounts as outlined in paragraph 14.9 and Appendix C of this report.
· That the better care fund reserve is utilised to fund an additional Disabled Facilities Case Officer to accelerate the support provided via Disabled Facilities Grants.
4. That authority be delegated to the Section 151 Officer and Strategic Director with responsibility for Housing, in consultation with the Cabinet Members with responsibility for Finance and Housing, to approve the principles of and process for the issuing the charges under the DFG policy as an interest free loan.
Report author: Karen Thorburn
Publication date: 21/03/2023
Date of decision: 21/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 21/03/2023 - Cabinet Committee: Housing
Effective from: 29/03/2023