Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. That issues raised by the Scrutiny Committee at its meeting on 27 February 2023 be noted.
2. That it be noted that the procurement process was conducted in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, leading to the recommended selection of a Development Partner, as set out in section 12 and 13 of report CAB3371.
3. That the recommended Development Partner’s response to the Central Winchester Regeneration Development Brief, which is summarised in section 14 of report CAB3371 and set out in more detail in Appendix B of the report be noted.
4. That the Business Case for proceeding with the appointment of the recommended Development Partner, which is summarised in section 15 of the report CAB3371 and set out in more detail in Appendix C of the report be noted, in addition to the following:
i. Appendix Ci - Selection Questionnaire Evaluation Questions and Scoring Criteria
ii. Appendix Cii - Final Tender Evaluation Questions and Scoring Criteria
iii. Exempt Appendix Ciii - Moderated Scoring from Selection Questionnaire
iv. Exempt Appendix Civ - Moderated Scoring from Final Tender
5. That the Development Agreement Summary, referred to in section 16 of report CAB3371 and set out in more detail in Appendix D and Exempt Appendix Di - recommended Development Partner’s commercial position, be noted.
6. That the Equalities Impact Assessment set out in Appendix E and the Risk Register in Appendix F of the report be both noted and had regard to.
7. That the redacted draft Development Agreement in Appendix G and the unredacted draft Development Agreement in Exempt Appendix H of the report be noted.
8. That being satisfied about the matters set out in points (1) to (7) above, the appointment of Bidder E as the recommended Development Partner for the Central Winchester Regeneration Project be approved, on the basis that they were the highest scoring tenderer following conclusion of the competitive dialogue process and final tender evaluation.
9. That the Strategic Director with responsibility for the Central Winchester Regeneration project be authorised, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member for Asset Management and the Service Lead – Legal, to incorporate the recommended Development Partner’s tender submission into the Development Agreement, finalise the content of the Development Agreement and any necessary ancillary documents, and arrange for the Development Agreement and any necessary ancillary documents to be entered into on behalf of the council in accordance with Part 2, Article 14, of the council’s constitution.
Reason Key: Significantly effect on 2 or more wards;
Wards Affected: (All Wards);
Contact: Veryan Lyons, Head of Programme: Central Winchester Regeneration Email: email@example.com.
Report author: Veryan Lyons
Publication date: 07/03/2023
Date of decision: 06/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 06/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/03/2023