The Head of New Homes Delivery gave a presentation which is available on the council’s website and responded to questions and comments raised by members and TACT representatives on the following:
· The progress of the council delivering 1000 new homes by 2030.
· The experience that the council had gained to assist with its delivery of extra care schemes, such as that proposed Kings Barton Winchester.
· Land availability for new affordable homes – including at smaller sites in the council’s ownership and larger sites coming forward as part of the local plan process where the council could assist with negotiations with communities and developers.
· Updates regarding schemes at Whiteley, The Dean (Alresford) and Winecross Cottages (North Boarhunt).
· The role and influence of the Partnership for South Hampshire (PfSH) with negotiation with the Environment Agency and Natural England regarding nitrate and phosphate mitigation.
· Sewage treatment plants in the district and their contribution to phosphate mitigation and also Nitrate credits and their ‘banking’.
That the presentation be noted.