Venue: Walton Suite, Winchester Guildhall
Contact: Nancy Graham, Senior Democratic Services Officer Tel: 01962 848 235, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To record the names of apologies given.
Membership of Cabinet bodies etc.
To give consideration to the approval of alternative arrangements for appointments to bodies set up by Cabinet or external bodies, or the making or terminating of such appointments.
Disclosure of Interests
To receive any disclosure of interests from Members and Officers in matters to be discussed.
Note: Councillors are reminded of their obligations to declare disclosable pecuniary interests, personal and/or prejudicial interests in accordance with legislation and the Council’s Code of Conduct.
– to note the names of members of the public wishing to speak on general matters affecting the District or on agenda items (in the case of the latter, representations will normally be received at the time of the agenda item, after the Cabinet Member’s introduction and any questions from Cabinet Members).
NB members of the public are required to register with Democratic Services three clear working days before the meeting (contact: email@example.com or 01962 848 264).
Leader and Cabinet Members' Announcements
1. That the updated ongoing spending programme be approved as set out in Appendix A to report CAB3360.
2. That the Strategic Director with responsibility for CIL be authorised, in consultation with the Section 151 Officer, to consider inflationary impacts on projects already approved and to recommend adjustments to CIL to the Cabinet Member for Place and the Local Plan.
3. That, in accordance with recommendation 2 above and if needed, delegate authority to the Cabinet Member for Place and the Local Plan to approve supplementary capital estimates and expenditure, via a Decision Day, to existing projects for which additional funding is required due to inflation and which in total should not exceed £500,000 in aggregate.
4. That the 2022/23 allocation of £226,452 from the Winchester City Council CIL income receipts set aside for community projects be approved as detailed in Section 11.12 of the report, and approve the expenditure under Financial Procedure Rule 7.4 for the funding of eight community led projects recommended by the Informal Panel. This includes the following specific projects;
4.1 Colden Common Boardwalk - £10,000
4.2 Colden Common cycle/pump track - £65,000
4.3 Knowle pump track - £10,000
4.4 New Alresford Allotments - £25,000
4.5 Shedfield pavilion - £50,000
4.6 Shedfield pavilion car park and access - £21,000
4.7 Wickham Recreation ground outdoor gym and access - £20,452
4.8 Winchester Barton Farm Ridge Path - £25,000
5. That a capital budget and expenditure of £200,000 be approved of which £150,000 is to be funded from the Winchester City Council District CIL receipts for the KGV recreation ground open space/park improvements project in Winchester. This is subject to the approval of £50,000 from the Town CIL receipts going to the reconvened meeting of Winchester Town Forum on 22 September 2022 (adjourned from 15 September 2022).
6. That, subject to the approval of £200,000 from the Town CIL receipts and subject to due diligence assessment and support of the council CIL informal panel, the sum of £800,000 to be funded from the Winchester City Council District CIL for the additional budget required to deliver the KGV Pavilion project be approved, as detailed in section 11.17 of the report.
7. That the reallocation of funds for the Winchester City football club project be approved, previously approved on 15 September 2021. The sum of £200,000 had been allocated to the football club to take forward the project but will instead now become a council led project and the CIL monies reallocated to Winchester City Council, as landowner, as detailed in section 12.19 of the report.
8. That an allocation of £300,000 for a further round of community bids in 2023/24 as part of the ongoing programme of community projects be approved, which will include this years’ unallocated sum of £23,548, with future arrangements beyond 2023/24 to be reviewed annually.
1. That expenditure of up to £3.3m under Financial Procedural Rule 7.4 be approved, subject to Council approval of the revised budget.
2. That authority be delegated to undertake value engineering with all bidders to ensure the new build KGV Pavilion is built within the revised £3.3m budget, but if necessary authority be delegated to the Strategic Director: Services to undertake a new procurement exercise to obtain bids by contractors for the new build KGV Pavilion.
3. That authority be delegated to the Strategic Director - Services to appoint the relevant contractors and to negotiate and agree contractual heads of terms with the contract appointment.
4. That authority be delegated to the Service Lead: Legal to prepare and enter into all relevant agreements, negotiate the contractual agreements and see them to completion to enable the proposed new build KGV Pavilion.
That it be recommended to Council:*
5. To approve an additional capitalbudget of £1m funded from CIL (Town Forum £200k, District £800k CAB 3360 refers) to enable the proposed new build KGV Pavilion, bringing the total budget for this project to £3.3m.
*NB Council decisions are not subject to call-in.