Venue: Walton Suite, Winchester Guildhall
Contact: Claire Buchanan, Senior Democratic Services Officer Tel: 01962 848 438 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of Interests
To receive any disclosure of interests from Members and Officers in matters to be discussed.
Note: Councillors are reminded of their obligations to declare disclosable pecuniary interests, personal and/or prejudicial interests in accordance with legislation and the Council’s Code of Conduct.
– to note the names of members of the public wishing to speak on items for decision
Note: members of the public wishing to speak about a particular agenda item are required to register three working days in advance if they wish to speak at a Cabinet Member Decision Day.
Visiting Councillors Representation
To note any request from visiting councillors to make representations on an item for decision.
Note: Councillors wishing to speak about a particular agenda item are required to register three working days in advance if they wish to speak at a Cabinet Member Decision Day. Councillors will normally be invited by the Chairman to speak during the appropriate item (after the Cabinet Member’s introduction (and any comments from the leading officer) and any public participation).
1. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to prepare and submit a planning application to the statutory planning authority to obtain planning permission for the construction of 8 properties at Dyson Drive, Abbotts Barton.
2. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to invite tenders to undertake the design and build of 8 properties at Dyson Drive, using a standard JCT Design and Build Contract.
3. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to negotiate and agree terms for easements, wayleaves and related agreements with utility providers, telecom/media suppliers, Highways Authority and neighbours and other related agreements in order to facilitate the development, subject to final decision to proceed with the Scheme.
4. That authority be delegated to the Corporate Head of Asset Management to appropriate the land located within the red line on plan 1 in Appendix 1 unless objections are received, in which case a report shall be brought back to Cabinet, with due regard to the consultation, a recommendation and setting out whether any statutory compensation is payable.
5. That authority be delegated to the Corporate Head of Asset Management to dispose of the open space land located within the red line on plan 1 at Appendix 1 unless objections are received, in which case, a report shall be brought back to Cabinet with due regard to the consultation and a recommendation.
6. That the consultation of the proposed disposal of the public open space land at Dyson Drive be approved in accordance with the requirements of Section 123 (2A) of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended) and the appropriation of the land for planning purposes.
7. That the Corporate Head of Asset Management be authorised to approve expenditure of pre-construction costs up to £75,000 and that this work proceeds at a financial risk to the Council.
8. That a Final Business Case report is brought to Members after tenders are evaluated and the final tender price is known, to agree whether to proceed with the scheme and to award and enter into a construction design and build contract with the preferred bidder.
9. That a deviation from the tender evaluation model within Contract Procedure Rules (60%cost /40% quality) be approved to use a tender evaluation model giving more emphasis to quality than cost (60% quality /40% cost).
To consider whether in all the circumstances of the case the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
(i) To pass a resolution that the public be excluded from the meeting during the consideration of the following items of business because it is likely that, if members of the public were present, there would be disclosure to them of ‘exempt information’ as defined by Section 100 (I) and Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
New Council Housing, Dyson Drive, Abbots Barton – Outline Business Case Approval (Exempt Appendix) (DD29)