Venue: Walton Suite, Guildhall, Winchester
Contact: Claire Buchanan, Senior Committee Administrator Email: email@example.com 01962 848 438
Disclosure of Interests
To receive any disclosure of interests from Members and Officers in matters to be discussed.
Note: Councillors are reminded of their obligations to declare disclosable pecuniary interests, personal and/or prejudicial interests in accordance with legislation and the Council’s Code of Conduct.
– to note the names of members of the public wishing to speak on items for decision
Note: members of the public wishing to speak about a particular agenda item are required to register three working days in advance if they wish to speak at a Cabinet Member Decision Day.
Visiting Councillors Representation
To note any request from visiting councillors to make representations on an item for decision.
Note: Councillors wishing to speak about a particular agenda item are required to register three working days in advance if they wish to speak at a Cabinet Member Decision Day. Councillors will normally be invited by the Chairman to speak during the appropriate item (after the Cabinet Member’s introduction (and any comments from the leading officer) and any public participation).
That the matters, as set out in 1 to 4 below, be approved:
1. The submission by the council of a funding bid to the Football Foundation for an artificial pitch at Winchester City Football Club;
2. Delegation to the appropriate Corporate Head of Service to agree the details and submission of a planning application for an artificial pitch on council owned land as marked by the red line in appendix 1;
3. That, in the event that the funding bid is successful and the project proceeds:
a. Football Foundation branding may be placed on our asset.
b. A note can be added to the title to the premises at the Land Registry, which recognises the Football Foundation’s interest in the facility.
4. The delegation of authority to the Section 151 Officer, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member for Asset Management, to accept the full terms and conditions of any grant award from the Football Foundation.
That the matters, as set out in 5 and 6 below, be noted:
5. That the facility would be operated by Winchester City Football Club and that all income would be used by the Club to meet the costs of operating, maintaining, repairing and replacing the pitch, including index-linked annual contributions to a pitch replacement fund; and
6. That the project would not proceed unless the grant application to the Football Foundation secures all funding required to deliver the project in full.