1.1. To oversee the implementation of the Central Winchester
Regeneration Project and to ensure that it meets the objectives
established by Cabinet, and in particular:
• to exercise those financial management and procurement
powers of Cabinet set out below in respect of the Project;
• to agree the Project Plan and monitor progress of the
project against that Plan including key milestones;
• to agree progression to the next stages of design as set out
in the Project Plan;
• to ensure effective actions are in place to address key
• to consider and agree methods of consultation and
• to consider and agree a communication strategy .
1.2. To exercise the following powers of Cabinet under the
Financial Procedure Rules in respect of the Project:-
• approval of schemes under Financial Procedure Rule 6.4
– authority to release expenditure for capital schemes;
• approval of a capital or revenue virement or supplementary capital or revenue
estimate up to £250,000, subject to the requirement to give
The Overview and Scrutiny Committee the opportunity to call in any
such approvals in excess of £100,000;
• approval of final cost for capital schemes under Financial
Procedure Rule 7.12.
1.3. To exercise the following powers of Cabinet under the Contract
Procedure Rules in relation to the procurement of contracts for
works, goods, software or services in connection with the
• approval of price/quality evaluation criteria;
• approval of short-listing procedures, short-list selection
and approved lists of contractors, including the authorisation of any departures from Contract
• award of Contract.
1.4. To consider and approve the submission of planning
applications to the Local Planning Authority to take forward the
1.5. To agree any land disposals (including, sales, leases and
grants of easements) at best consideration or where the undervalue
does not exceed £100,000, to take forward the Project.
1.6. To agree any land acquisitions (including acquisitions of
freehold/leasehold land, and easements) to take the Project
forward, within the budget allowed for the Project.
To advise Cabinet on:
1.7. Any proposals in which the limitations set out
above in the Delegated Matters would be exceeded.
To advise Cabinet and Council on:
1.8. Approval of a capital or revenue virement or supplementary capital or revenue
estimate over £250,000.