1. That the Strategic Outline Business Case be approved and that officers prepare the Outline Business Case for consideration by Cabinet in autumn 2021.
2. That revenue expenditure of up to a further £525,000 be approved from the £2m CWR revenue budget to:
a. prepare and complete the Outline Business Case for Cabinet approval in autumn 2021.
b. Prepare and produce draft procurement and marketing documents for the Defined Site, for Cabinet approval in autumn 2021, subject to approval of the Outline Business Case as referred to in Rec 1 above.
c. Research, prepare and submit funding bids to support delivery of the Defined Site.
d. Implement the meanwhile uses strategy for Kings Walk as outlined in this report at paragraphs 13.24 to 13.26.
3. That a supplementary revenue budget of £275,000 to carry out essential repair and maintenance requirements associated with Kings Walk be approved, funded from the Asset Management Reserve.
4. That a supplementary increase of £185,000 to the Kings Walk improvements capital scheme budget be approved and its spend be authorised to undertake the additional works, to activate the Kings Walk area in accordance with the meanwhile uses strategy.
5. That authority be delegated to the Strategic Director, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing and Asset Management, to prepare, finalise and procure services to carry out improvement works and deliver the meanwhile uses strategy at Kings Walk.
6. That authority be delegated to the Service Lead – Legal to enter into contractual arrangements to carry out improvement works and deliver the meanwhile uses strategy at Kings Walk and any necessary ancillary agreements.
7. That the Strategic Director, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing and Asset Management, be instructed to agree and implement governance arrangements for the next stage of the project.