Terms of reference
1. To oversee the implementation of the Leisure Centre Project and to ensure that it meets the objectives established by Cabinet, and in particular:
(i) to exercise those financial management and procurement powers of Cabinet set out below in respect of the Project;
(ii) to agree the Project Plan and monitor progress of the project against that Plan including key milestones
(iii) to agree progression to the next stages of design as set out in the Project Plan;
(iv) to ensure effective actions are in place to address key risks;
(v) to consider and agree methods of consultation and engagement;
(vi) to consider and agree a communication strategy.
(vii) to approve the Outline and Full Business Case;
(viii) to approve the governance structure and terms of the Funding Agreements between the Council the University of Winchester and The Pinder Trust.
2. To exercise the following powers of Cabinet under the Financial Procedure Rules in respect of the Project:-
(i) approval of schemes under Financial Procedure Rule 6.4 – authority to release expenditure for capital schemes;
(ii) approval of a capital or revenue virement or supplementary capital or revenue estimate up to £250,000, subject to the requirement to give The Overview and Scrutiny Committee the opportunity to call in any such approvals in excess of £100,000;
(iii) approval of final cost for capital schemes under Financial Procedure Rule 7.12.
3. To exercise the following powers of Cabinet under the Contract Procedure Rules in relation to procurement contracts for works, goods, software or services in connection with the Project:-
(i) approval of price/quality evaluation criteria;
(ii) approval of short-listing procedures, short-list selection and approved lists of contractors, including the authorisation of any departures from Contract Procedure Rules;
(iii) award of Contract.
4. To consider and approve the submission of planning applications to the Local Planning Authority to take forward the Project.
5. To agree any land disposals (including, sales, leases and grants of easements) at best consideration or where the undervalue does not exceed £100,000, to take forward the Project.
6. To agree any land acquisitions (including acquisitions of freehold/leasehold land, and easements) to take the Project forward, within the budget allowed for the Project.
To advise Cabinet on:
7. Any proposals in which the limitations set out above in the Delegated Matters would be exceeded.
To advise Cabinet and Council on:
8. Approval of a capital or revenue virement or supplementary capital or revenue estimate over £250,000.
Support officer: Nancy Graham, Senior Democratic Services Officer. Tel: 01962 848235 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org