The Committee’s membership will be the Cabinet Member for Community and Housing (Chairman), plus 2 other Cabinet members.
In the event of any member of Cabinet not being available for a meeting of the Cabinet Committee another member of Cabinet may deputise where no conflict arises.
In addition, it is proposed that the following be invited to attend and offer views at meetings of the Committee:
(a) 4 other members (2 from each political group); and
(b) Two TACT representatives plus one deputy
The quorum is 2 voting members.
Terms of Reference
1. To exercise the executive functions set out below in relation to the Housing Revenue Account and Strategic Housing Services.
2. To oversee the Council’s affordable housing development programme and to ensure the programme achieves appropriate levels of quality and quantity of housing within the policy and budget framework approved by Council.
3. To monitor and oversee the Council’s Housing and Homelessness strategies and the delivery of associated action plans.
To advise Cabinet and Council on:
1. Approving or adopting the policy and budget framework contained in the Council Plan, the, Housing Strategy and Annual Housing Revenue Account budget and Business Plan.
2. To advise on any changes required to the policy and budget framework to take account of new legislation.
3. Whether to approve or modify the policy and budget framework for the Council’s 10 year Housing Development Programme and the associated funding requirements from both the Housing Revenue Account and General Fund, which will be kept under regular review.
4. Whether to make changes to the Housing Development policy and budget framework to take account of new legislation or changes to the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan.
5. The operation and performance of wholly or partly Council owned companies/trading vehicles established to manage housing provision in the Winchester district.
To advise Cabinet on:
1. The detailed list of individual schemes within the Council’s 10 year Housing Development Programme and to keep the Programme under regular review recommending the addition or deletion of schemes.
2. Whether to approve or modify the Council’s New Homes Development Strategy and Council House design requirements.
3. The rental policy for properties provided under the Housing Development Programme.
4. Housing programmes that contribute to the Council’s Carbon Neutrality commitments.
5. Any proposals in which the limitations set out below in the Delegated Matters would be exceeded.
1. The implementation of approved policies and programmes in accordance with policy and budget framework approved by Cabinet and/or Council, subject to such budgetary and other constraints that Cabinet and/or Council may impose.
2. Housing Acts including the provision, allocation, improvement, repair, maintenance and management of dwellings and land.
3. To agree and authorise any matters in relation to schemes within the 10 year Housing Development Programme which are in accordance with the policy and budget framework approved by Cabinet and/or Council, subject to such budgetary and other constraints set out below or that Cabinet and/or Council may impose.
4. To agree changes to the timetable or scheduling of works within the approved 10 year Housing Development Programme or in cases of urgency substituting new schemes in place of schemes that will no longer come forward providing such schemes comply with the agreed Value for Money criteria for appraisals and the capital and revenue costs can be met within approved HRA or GF budgets, and within the Council’s approved Prudential Indicators.
6. Exercising the powers of Cabinet under the Contract Procedure Rules in relation to procurement contracts for works, goods, software or services up to a value of £2,000,000 or £200,000 per annum, whichever is the greater:
(i) Approval of price/quality evaluation criteria
(ii) Approval of short-listing procedures, short-list selection and approved lists of contractors, including the authorisation of any departures from Contract Procedure Rules;
(ii) Award of Contract;
(iii) Approval of schemes under Financial Procedure Rule 6.4 – authority to release expenditure for capital schemes;
(iv) Approval of final cost for capital schemes under Financial Procedure Rule 7.4.
7. To agree any land disposals at best consideration or where the undervalue does not exceed £100,000. To agree any disposals at less than best consideration where the undervalue does not exceed £250,000 provided the matter is not called-in for review by The Scrutiny Committee.
8. To review and monitor the Council’s performance and use of resources in the above areas, including but not restricted to the implementation of change plans, performance against national and local performance indicators, and identification of risks and action taken to mitigate those risks.
Support officer: Nancy Graham, Senior Democratic Services Officer Email: email@example.com or phone 01962 848 235.