Registering to speak at Licensing & Regulation Committee:
Members of the public may speak at the Committee, provided they have registered to speak three working days in advance. Please contact Democratic Services via email@example.com or (01962) 848 264 to register to speak and for further details.
The Licensing and Regulation Committee deals with the
Council's licensing functions, covering such matters as public
entertainment, taxis, cinemas, animal welfare, pubs and clubs,
betting and gaming, caravan sites, bylaws, etc, electoral and
boundary issues and health and safety inspection duties.
Most Licensing matters related to premises and personal licences are dealt with by a Sub Committee appointed on an adhoc basis.
In summary, the Committees powers and duties are as follows and a full list of the various local licensing functions are set out in the Council's Constitution (part 3, section 4 refers)
- Caravan Site Licensing
- Health and Safety at Work Enforcement
- Shops Act
- Animal Control and Welfare Legislation
- Scrap Metal Dealers
- Hackney Carriages and Private Hire Vehicles
- Public Entertainment, Theatres and Cinemas
- Control of Temporary Markets
- Late Night Refreshment Houses
- Betting, Gaming, Small Lotteries and Amusements with Prizes
- Electoral and Boundary matters
Support officer: Nancy Graham, Senior Democratic Services Officer. Tel: 01962 848 235 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org